LEGO teases ‘Muppets’ products coming soon
LEGO has tweeted an image of a Kermit the Frog minifigure, signaling that it may soon be time to meet the Muppets…in LEGO form!
What is happening:
- LEGO has tweeted an ominous photo teasing a product (or maybe even a product line) featuring a figurine of the famous Muppet, Kermit the Frog, emerging from behind the iconic red curtain, as seen in puppet show, captioned simply “Nothing to see here folks.”
- LEGO fans around the world are speculating that this teases the official release of several Muppets-based minifigures that have been leaked online recently, featuring characters like Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo , Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Statler, Waldorf and others.
- Fan speculation also thinks it will be a series of blind minifigures.
- Nothing official has been released other than the photo tweeted above. Could this be the aforementioned blind bag minifigure series, or can we expect to see a complete buildable Muppet model?
- This isn’t LEGO’s first foray into bringing Jim Henson’s creations to life through their world-famous bricks. A recent LEGO set brings the iconic series sesame street everywhere in homes thanks to the popular model building stand, with minifigures of these Muppet characters too, including Elmo, Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Oscar the Grouch and more.
- No official release date of any type of Muppet-based item that has been teased is available at this time.
More Muppets news:
- Actor Tahj Mowry, known as the titular smart guy in the late ’90s comedy of the same name, will play in the future Disney+ series of puppets, Muppet Mayhem.
- The fourth season of Holey Moleythe popular extreme mini golf competition series, will feature a collaboration for ages where the The puppets unite with on-camera commentary duo Rob Riggle and Joe Tessitore.
- Producers Guild of America (PGA) awards honored Haunted Muppet Mansionwho won the award for the Exceptional Children Program.