US Foods Fall Scoop products help operators increase menu profitability
ROSEMONT, Ill.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE: USFD) today announced the launch of its Fall 2022 Scoop™, themed “Money Making Menus – Products Positioned for Profits”. Fall Scoop features 22 innovative, labor-saving products that provide upsell, swap, and add-on opportunities to help increase menu profitability and retain and attract diners. In today’s environment, where rising labor costs, rising food costs and dinner satisfaction are the top three concerns of an operator.1, US Foods provides solutions to help operators solve these problems and continue to generate profitable growth. With Fall Scoop, US Foods makes it easier for operators to discover trending, versatile, and pre-prepared products that provide profitable menu opportunities and back-end cost savings.
“Our Scoop strategy to provide operators with innovative, labor-saving products that will inspire new menu ideas, align with current culinary trends and meet the challenges of changing costs has never been as important as it is now,” said Stacey Kinkaid, vice president of product development and innovation for US Foods. “The Fall Scoop range was developed by our culinary experts based on feedback gathered from operators across the country, enabling us to deliver best-in-class products that help them overcome the most pressing challenges they face. are facing today. The unique flavor components and trending applications highlighted in Fall Scoop will encourage diners to spend a little more on customization and flavor exploration and create cost savings in the background to help increase dining results. ‘operator.
Fall Scoop’s main highlights include:
TOP SELLING WITH PREMIUM SIDES
Upsell opportunities such as premium sides will keep diners happy, help increase check averages, and increase profits. Compared to a standard side option, premium sides can generate a higher menu price of $3 on average3.
- Monarch® Sour Cream & Chive Potato Bites: Make it easy to add a trendy appetizer or upscale side dish to the meal that will inspire repeat customers. This product elevates trendy “totchos” by incorporating the savory flavors of cheddar cheese, sour cream and chives inside the tots. Pre-prepared and ready to cook in less than three minutes, this item eliminates 100 minutes of labor per case compared to making from scratch.
- Chef’s Line® Breaded Cheese Curds: These small, hand-breaded Wisconsin white cheddar curds present great upsell opportunities on any part of the menu. Cheese curds can be used on its own as an upscale appetizer, serve as a side to sandwiches, or as an enhanced topping for burgers. Bake time is less than three minutes and they’re ready to bake out of the case, eliminating 60 minutes of labor per case compared to building from scratch.
BOOST VERIFICATIONS WITH HIGH-QUALITY EXCHANGES AND SUCCESSFUL ADD-ONS
Personalized exchanges, especially those that address dietary concerns, are meeting growing restaurant demand and can help increase profits. Additionally, driving an end control complement with innovative and delicious desserts that a restaurant can eat in or take out can increase profits.
- Plant-Based Molly’s Kitchen®4 Pork strips: Forty-six percent of operators say they can charge $1-3 more to swap out a plant-based meat alternative for a traditional protein5. Made from soy protein, these vegan6 strips are lightly seasoned with salt and pepper to give maximum flexibility for recreating pork dishes such as barbecue sandwiches, tacos or bowls for vegans, flexitarians or anyone willing to pay a little extra for a plant-based alternative that doesn’t compromise on flavor and texture.
- Devonshire® Chocolate Chip Cookie and Milk Cake: A unique take on classic cookies and milk, this dessert is pre-prepared and pre-sliced, eliminating 120 minutes of labor per case compared to baking from scratch, providing the ideal boost to the bottom line without the cost of additional manpower. Both layers of cake contain baked cookies and chocolate chips, separated by creamy milk froth and topped with more mousse, a drizzle of chocolate and more chocolate chips.
REDUCE LABOR TIME AND MENU COSTS WITH PRE-PREPARED ITEMS
Products pre-prepared and ready to use or cook in minutes help maximize inventory, minimize labor hours and reduce overall menu costs.
- Chef’s Line® Mediterranean Style Wheat, Berry & White Bean Blend: This versatile grain mix includes white beans, spinach, cherry tomatoes and red onions, and comes pre-seasoned with Mediterranean flavors. It is prefabricated, eliminating 120 minutes of labor per crate compared to manufacturing from scratch. The blend also allows operators to create unique menu items, as wheat berries don’t often feature on menus due to their complicated and labor-intensive preparation.
- Patuxent Farms® Spicy breaded chicken breast fillet: Inspired by the Chicken Sandwich Wars, this product offers an A-game flavor that justifies a higher menu price. The dill pickle flavor is infused into the marinade and the breading provides the ideal “tangy” flavor. The tenderloin is fully cooked, eliminating 120 hours of labor compared to creating from scratch. It is ideal for a signature sandwich or sliced into a salad, bowl or wrap.
Visit usfoods.com to view the entire Fall Scoop line and to access the many free resources and tools available from US Foods, such as free consultations with restaurant operations consultants and webinars on hot topics such as:
Fight against inflation
Menu engineering and profitability
Calculate salary costs to evolve with the evolution of the labor market
Create a strong company culture and benefits options to attract and retain great employees
About American Foods
With the promise to help its customers Do it, US Foods is one of America’s largest food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 70 full-line locations and more than 80 cash and carry stores, US Foods and its 28,000 associates provide customers with a broad, innovative food offering and a full suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
2 National Restaurant Association 2022. Net impact of rising costs for restaurants
3 Nestlé Professional, Soups Salads and Sides, 2020
4 Made with ingredients derived from plants, fungi and algae; no ingredients of animal origin. Reasonable efforts to avoid cross contact with ingredients of animal origin.
5 Datassential Vegan Butcher Report 2020
6 No ingredients of animal origin. Reasonable efforts to avoid cross contact with ingredients of animal origin.